What is Magic Salt?
Magic Salt is a highly efficient solid granular de-icer. It is effective down to -35 degrees Fahrenheit. With Magic Salt you can expect to “burn off” up to two inches of snow with no plowing. Magic Salt also exhibits a residual effect, making it last longer than ordinary de-icers. Magic Salt’s effectiveness allows you to use 30 to 50 percent less product when compared to Rock Salt. Magic Salt is biodegradable, environmentally friendly, pet-friendly, and less corrosive than traditional treatments.
Magic Salt is safer to use on concrete and other hardscape products, is less corrosive, and will not harm curb-side grassed areas or plants when used as directed.
Magic Salt starts out as ordinary rock salt and is then treated with a liquid, agricultural by-product of the distilling process blended with magnesium chloride. This patented liquid is trademarked as Magic Minus Zero. This combination process results in what we call “Magic Salt.”
Magic Salt can be supplied in bulk or can be made on-site by transforming rock salt stockpiles with Magic Minus Zero.
Magic Salt is a highly effective ice melting product that is less corrosive than the competition, safe for concrete and brick, and is environmentally and pet friendly. Some of Magic Salt’s features and benefits are:
- Economically superior because it works better and lasts longer
- Reduces Rock Salt applications by 30 to 50 percent
- Eliminates the need for sand
- Works faster and longer at lower temperatures than normal rock salt
- As a result of its residual effect, snow and ice will not bond to the pavement
- Independent tests have shown Magic Salt to be less corrosive than the competition
- It will not damage steel doors, thresholds, equipment, carpets, flooring or concrete. It will even neutralize rust!
- Magic Salt is environmentally friendly and releases far fewer chlorides into the environment than common de-icers.